Getting an early-warning can mean the difference between life and death
Be prepared | Get an early-warning | Save livesPeople loose valuable seconds before they realize that the shaking they feel is actually an earthquake
Experiencing panic and confusion, they may miss their chance to react in time.
Getting an early-warning when an earthquake strikes can mean the difference between life and death.
Featuring new technology for earthquake preparedness
Our superior system design introduces the most innovative and robust technology for earthquakes detection yet, fusing state-of-art sensor technology with powerful detection and rejection algorithms. Performance of unequalled level that allows our customers to stay prepared and know when an earthquake is on the way before the shaking begins.
- EQ Technologies is a leading solution provider for the security market, specializing in the field of hazard preparedness.
- The Company develops and manufactures earthquake early-warning systems that offer accurate and interoperable solutions for the industrial, institutional and private markets.
- Proprietary detection sensors and algorithms detect earthquakes’ preceding, non-destructive tremors (Primary waves) in advance of quakes’ destructive waves (S-waves) that shake the ground.
- Thus allowing partners early warning and additional time to take action.
The Company’s solutions enable early detection of earthquakes and utilize multiple interfaces to control numerous customized applications.
EQ’s technology vastly differs from prevalent industry linear detectors:
- Its core technology features a unique design of nonlinear, proprietary sensors which give it a highly accurate filtering ability to differentiate earthquakes from tremors caused by urban noise.
- The Company provides its partners with significantly longer warning time, and far higher threshold sensitivity.
- EQ offers the most effective and advanced earlywarning solution; helps decision makers build better disaster recovery plans; saves lives and mitigates collateral damage.
- Immediate shutdown and control of gas and hazardous materials handling-and-production processes.
- Control of train and public transportation networks to trigger emergency protocols.
- Initiation of various emergency procedures and disaster recovery plans that control central servers and data storage facilities.
- Control of central, multi-storey elevator systems, stoppage, automatic opening of elevator doors and activation of Public Address systems.
Disaster management tools
Introducing advanced set of tools that let emergency teams, fire department, police, hospitals, military and local forces get real-time information about the earthquake to better understand the situation and prioritize resources by helping to determine the sites which require greater aid.
Realtime GIS tools for determining local intensity at multiple affected sites.
Ultra fast data collection and processing for improved damage assessment.
Initiation of preprogrammed DRP protocols by automated process activation.
Implementing an early-warning solution is an important step for any organization interested in protecting its assets. Solutions rage from vocal warning through Public Adress systems, to alert personnel and allow for evacuation, to integration with the site-controlled equipment and infrastructure for automatic actuation before the shaking causes irreversible damage.
It is estimated that there are 500,000 detectable earthquakes in the world each year. 100,000 of those can be felt, and 100 of them cause damage.